- All reservations are made through the platform.
- If needed or in case there is a problem during or with one of the reservations we are here to find solutions.
- It is strongly recommended that Pet Owners and Pet sitters schedule a Test Meeting with the pets, before the pet sitting start date, to make sure it's a good fit, the pet is comfortable and everything is ok
Rules for Pet Owners:
- In order to get in touch with pet sitters you need to activate a access packages
- to ensure the pet is suitable for pet sitting, that the pet is not agressive or antisocial
- to provide details about the pet's behaviour, preferences, routine and to inform the pet sitter about the pet's allergies, fleas or ilnesses
- to notify the sitter in a timely manner about possible reservation cancellations, so they can know how to organize their agenda
- to pay the sitter in cash before the pet sitting service starts
- to provide correct information and contact details
- In the case their pet has caused damaged to the sitter’s property and there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt, the pet owner agrees to compensate for the damaged good, total or partial, without undue delay.
Rules for Pet Sitters:
- to respond to messages, phone calls and reservation requests, in no more than 48h
- to only send offers for those public requests for which they qualify and have availability
- to provide correct personal details and accurate details about their experience, boarding space and to upload at least one image of them and the boarding space
- to treat the pet well and with respect, not hurting the animal and not causing damages in the owenrs house
- to ensure the boarding space it's appropiate and does not present risks for guest pets and for other pets and family members living in their home
- to request details about the pet's behaviour, preferences, routine and allergies
- to provide a quality service and take full responsibility for the performance of their work, as well as taking the assosiated risks
- to allow pet owners to view the boarding space and boarding conditions
- to send updates during the pet sitting time
- to notify the pet owner in a timely manner about possible changes or cancellations
- to be over 18 years and less than 50 years old
- to declare and pay the taxes to the government, related to the income earned from the finalized reservations. Details→
- Make sure that the amount you receive from walking and grooming every month is no more than 30% of the minimum wage see details
- Pet owners have the right to receive a discount of up to 2500 Ft or 15% (whichever is smaller) from the booking total value. Example→
- It's not allowed for pets to be taken care of by someone other than the pet sitter with a verified profile, not even relatives or friends. Unless that person lives in the same home (e.g. spouses), they must apply to become a pet sitter and be verified separately
- failure to comply with the rules leads to deactivation of the profile and is charged a fee of 4000 HUF
- for ulterior requests outside the platform, from owners initally met on our platform, the pet sitter has to pay an introduction fee of 4000 HUF for DogSurf.
- Receiving multiple negative reviews will lead to an assessment of your profile and depending on the case, it may lead to deactivation of the pet sitter profile
- The pet sitter account can only be used by the person for which the verification has been made
Holiday days for which the increased fee applies:
- 1 January, Easter (21 April, 28 April), 1 May, 1 June, 15 August,30 Nov-1 December, 24-26 December, 31 December